504HealthNet is an association comprised of 19 non-profit and governmental organizations in the greater New Orleans area. Membership is open to those who provide primary care or behavioral health services in a community setting irrespective of the client’s ability to pay, with a special focus on low-income, uninsured populations. Our members independently operate more than 40 service locations throughout the greater New Orleans area ranging from comprehensive adult/pediatric primary care and behavioral health sites to medical mobile units.
Our Key Wins
- Advocated for and won $100,000,000 in funding for the Greater New Orleans Community Health Connection (GNOCHC) Medicaid 1115 Demonstration Waiver providers from October 2010 to January 2014
- Secured the no-cost extension of federal PCASG funds past September 2010, as well as a five-year $150,000,000 continuation of the funding.
- Through Dispensary of Hope, a national non-profit program that assists patients below 200% federal poverty level, members distributed $585,895 of prescription medicines resulting in emergency room savings of $2,138,516
- Given a formal seat at the negotiating table by State and Federal officials in the Medicaid 1115 Waiver process
- Advocated on behalf of the Greater New Orleans safety net by working with federal and state legislators including Secretary of Health and Human Services, Kathleen Sebelius; Director of Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, Cindy Mann; Governor of Louisiana, Bobby Jindal; and Secretary of Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals, Bruce Greenstein to rework the Medicaid 1115 Waiver and create white papers to present our recommendations.
- Completed a strategic plan, identifying top and low priority programs, and categorized them into short-term (0-6 months) medium term (6 months-2 years) and long term (2 years to 5 years).
- Mobile unit consortium spans primary care, mental health, and dental care.